Category Archives: community

Hate The Sin, Love The Sinner… Or You Know, Be A Decent Human Being Instead

I think everyone has heard of the phrase, “Hate the sin, love the sinner”. It’s this ridiculous religious saying that is said so much it’s become a cliché. Many Christians use it as a way to dress up hate as … Continue reading

Posted in Christianity, community, culture, Equality, Faith, Family, God, LGBT, Love, Opinion, Religion, Thoughts | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Another NaNoWriMo, Come And Gone

It’s officially December, which means another NaNoWriMo has come and gone. This year was a lot better than the last (which was also my first). This year I felt more prepared than I did the year before, but behind in … Continue reading

Posted in community, fiction, Inspiration, Personal, Thoughts, Writing | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

It’s The Little Things… Little Hits of Joy I am Particularly Thankful For

I like to think that I’m generally a grateful person. I mean I might not have always been, but dying (yeah, I’ve done that before) tends to change perspective. And coming from so little (parents crazy abusive, on my own … Continue reading

Posted in community, Family, Happy, home, Inspiration, Life, Love, Personal, Relationships, Thoughts | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

One Last NaNoWriMo Check-In

The month is almost over, and I have to say I’m glad it is. Unlike last year, I’m not dreading it, and I am ready to celebrate! 😉 This year I started NaNoWriMo late. I didn’t write anything until November … Continue reading

Posted in community, fiction, Inspiration, Personal, Writing | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The World After Paris: It’s Time To Stop Lashing Out And To Start Being Brave

It’s still hard for me to fathom what happened in Paris last Friday. I think of all of the people who lost their lives and their loved ones that are still here, grieving them. I think of the fear that … Continue reading

Posted in breaking news, community, Crime, Current Events, Events, News, Thoughts | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment